Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More sketches!


Time for another installment of random drawings from my recent archives. The one on top is a class warm-up exercise that went horribly awesome. It was all in pencils. I tweaked it in photoshop to make it it all the more lovely.

The following is a class warm-up of a character from a series I'm developing and hope to get off the ground someday. Her name is Jane and she has a Tommy-gun....Need I say more? The next is a Power Girl piece I did for the 2009 Fallcon art auction. I was inspired by Amanda Conner's depiction of the DC character and wanted to try my hand at it. It was a class warm-up at first but in going back to redraw it for the auction, it ended up making the original look like crap. This new one looks so much better.


This one is another piece I donated to the 2009 Minnesota Fallcon Art Auction. I had gone back and read the Jim Lee/Chris Claremont run on X-men issues 1-10 from the early 1990's, and was inspired to draw Cyclops and Psylocke.

The next two of Grifter and Sister Zealot from Wildstorm's Wild-C.A.T.s. They were 45 minute warm-up exercises done over 2 days that I did at home. I was trying a personal experiment with these in hoping to get my creative juices flowing as well as giving myself an excuse to sketch fun stuff, and not just jump straight into the freelance work.


Cheers!

No comments: