Monday, July 12, 2010

SLACKER!!!

I Know....I know....I've been slacking on my updates lately. I've been super busy trying to finish the strips for my upcoming issue of Great Big Pissed Off Bear #3. I'm hoping to finish toning, and letter ballooning it in the next 2 weeks so I can send it off to be printed. Oh yeah...and I need to color the cover too. Now that Becky is done with her freelance work, maybe she can lend a hand. At any rate, I wanna get this book done and printed for Wizardworld Chicago, August 19-22. So I better get crackin!

All I really have as far as sketches that DON'T pertain to GBPOB #3 is a couple from the creative exercises from the 2 classes of our current summer session so deal with it!

First up is from the first class of the session. it's always a free draw (no instructions written on the board) so ended up drawing massive pig. With extra time I decided to make it a COBRA weapon of mass destruction called the WARPIG. I even drew in the decals that all the GI JOE/Cobra vehicles came with.


For the second class we had the kids draw a random shape and then turn it into something "cool". I ended up with a strange oblong shape to the right side of the page and that eventually became the head of TUMOR DOG. I'm particularly fond of the kid's shirt and the fart cloud.
Well, thats it for now. I'm hoping to get back into the regular swing of sketching for fun (aka: not just for class and projects) sometime in the near future. Of course....I wanna play some video games too....Hmmmmm.

No comments: