Monday, December 14, 2009

Tis the season...for Matt sketches!!!


With Christmas fast approaching, and in keeping with the spirit of giving that is part of the essence of the holiday season, I present you with this humble assortment of fine sketchings from the past few months.
This is a Peep Sketch I did while getting an oil change this summer. I think it turned out rather well...right on par with Peep looming over the bloody skull I did 2 years ago. I'm pretty proud of it.

I really like how this one turned out....ALOT! This was for the creative exercise warm-up on the last class of the fall 09 session. I drew my character Void's evil brother Trak with his Katars at the ready as he skids across the floor. I had this drawing approved by the Poop Monster since I had some extra time.
When Sam (co-teacher at the Art Academy) went to Korea in the middle of the summer session, we had the kids draw what they thought he was doing over there. They had him doing everything from zip-lining, to tagging graffiti, to battling ninjas, to picking up chicks. But everyone knows he was fighting bears as depicted in my drawing for that exercise.
While getting my Brakes fixed on the work van I squeezed out these random sketches. No real plan...just randomness.
In High School some friends and I made a super-hero film called SPATULA MAN. I played the hero in this epic tale while my friend, John Conn, played the villain-THE EVIL OLD BAG. This was a remastered rendition of those old characters I did as a 30 min creative exercise warm-up for the class.


In case I'm lazy and I don't make another entry before Christmas....Have a Merry Christmas all!

"She shall bring forth a son,
and thou shall call His name Jesus;
for He shall save His people from their sins."

~ Matthew 1:21


3 comments:

Lester DiLorenzo said...

Awesome.. I was worried you were going to lose interest in updating.. it's especially nice to see these drawings since I missed so many classes. The gator sketch really stands out (of course I could be a bit biased).. and I absolutely LOVE the drawing of Sam.. did I miss that day? That's upsetting..

Mattroplex said...

Naw Les...this blog helps me to draw for fun once in a while or at the very least post some of the fun stuff I'm most proud of from the creative exercises. Glad you digga my art-blog. At least someone notices.

Keep up the good work yourself kid! Hope to see you in class at the next session.

Bev said...

way cool matt! ma