Sunday, December 11, 2011

THE VOID: 20th Anniversary Special

Yep! It was 20 years ago in 1991 that I created my favorite character. The short, odd-shaped vigilante known as THE VOID. Long story short...I used to draw comics of this guy in high-school and up through college. Eventually revamped him and put out some zine style mini-comics in the early 2000's. After a few years of trying out different comic ideas and even doing some pro-work, I had the itch to draw my favorite odd-shaped vigilante once again. The original intent was to have a full bore graphic nove

l of about 100 pages worth of awesome Void action but time got away from me, I had a long, serious bout with artist depression, and my own laziness sorta made that dream a distant one. I still felt I needed to do something special. It's not often one's favorite creation turns 20. So I forced myself to sit at my art table and came up with a 1-shot Anniversary Special. 10 pages of story and another 14 or so of archived drawing and sketches and preview pages of the actual graphic novel. My goal was to have it printed in time for the Minnesota Fallcon in October because that would have been around the 20 year mark.
So heres a glimpse of the glorious cover.

No comments: